If you are interested in participating in the quality of higher education evaluation processes, use the opportunity to become a member of the European Student Union’s Quality Assurance Network (ESU QA Pool) for the term 2023/2024.
The network maintained by ESU ensures the involvement of students in the quality assurance system, evaluation, and accreditation of study programs, proving that students are important decision-makers in ensuring the quality of higher education throughout Europe.
The main benefits of joining the ESU student-expert network:
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge about higher education and its quality assurance not only in Latvia, but also on a European scale, as well as get acquainted with documents, regulatory acts, and processes that affect it;
- Opportunity to participate as an ESU representative at events such as the European Quality Assurance Forum;
- The possibility to take part in specially designed expert training;
- Get a wide circle of contacts throughout Europe, developing your communication and other skills.
The main duties and tasks of a member of the ESU student-expert network:
- Share knowledge and experience in quality assessment;
- Participate in discussions about quality assessment and student involvement in it;
- Promote the visibility of the ESU student-expert network in their country;
- Share various documents related to quality assurance among experts at the national and international levels;
- Attend meetings and training organized by the ESU student-expert network.
Minimum requirements for applicants:
- Registered as a student in a higher education institution at any level;
- Has previous experience in student representation;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Previous experience in the quality assessment will be considered an advantage.
Application takes place through the ESU website. You can find more detailed information here. Applications are open until May 20. If you want to receive a letter of recommendation from LSA, send a request to email@example.com and add in the subject “ESU QA Pool”.